Friday, February 10, 2012
One of the learning styles within Monvee is auditory. A great way to provide resources for this type of learner is to give them an easy link to your church's teachings. Below we have outlined an easy way you may be able to do this.
If the RSS feed from your church's website points them to the section of your website that has your pastor's messages, you can use this feature to enter your pastor's messages as a "My Mind" Resource. Here's how:
Step 1: Click on "My Resources" from your church leader's dashboard.
Step 2: Click on the "My Mind" tab in your church's resource loading section.
Step 3: Click on "New Monvee Resource".
Step 4: Use the message title as it appears on your website.
Step 4: Give a brief description of the message and in the description tell our users that the podcast messages can be found in the "Church Blog & News" section on their dashboard. (Lower left hand corner).
Step 5: Classify the resource by clicking the appropriate boxes.
Step 6: Click "Ok"
When the resource is recommended to your users, they simply need to locate the corresponding title under the "Church Blog & News" section. When they click on the message title from their dashboard, it will automatically redirect them to that specific message on your church's website. It's that easy!
If you have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, February 9, 2012
One of the many great features of Monvee is the ability to link the system to your church's existing "RSS" feed. RSS stands for "Rich Site Summary" but for our purposes lets change RSS to stand for "Really Simple Syndication". If your church's website has a blog feature or if you regularly post the weekend messages on your site you most likely already have an RSS feed available. You can use this RSS feed in the "News Setup" section found on your church leaders dashboard. By clicking on the "News Setup" tab you can enter the RSS feed address. When you do this, the RSS feed will show up in your church's Monvee users dashboard. Below are step-by- step instructions on how to do this.
4 EASY STEPS TO SETTING UP AN RSS FEED:
Step 1: Locate the RSS feed from your website. If your website has one, it will be clearly marked with the letters "RSS" and/or has an icon that looks like this:
Step 2: Click on the letters "RSS". This should give you a URL address that is your RSS feed. You will recognize it because it will look like a website address. Here is what the RSS feed looks like from John Ortberg's blog: http://johnortberg.com/?feed=rss2
Step 3: Go to your church leaders dashboard. Click on "My Resources" then click on "News Setup"
Step 4: Copy and paste this address/URL into the box provided. The click "Save". It is that simple. Now the RSS feed will automatically appear on your Monvee users dashboard.
If you have any questions or need help email us at email@example.com and put the "RSS" in the subject line.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Been loading resources into Monvee? Wondering if you are on the right track? You can request a Monvee Resource Spot Check anytime by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do a spot check of up to 6 of your Monvee resources. Upon completion of the review your Crew M Partner will send you a written report on each of them. To initiate your Spot Check email is at email@example.com
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
With 2012 underway, we thought it might be helpful to hear the top 5 ways churches are using Monvee. We hope this sparks some of your own thoughts and innovations.
Top 5 Best Practices:
1. Monvee and Small Groups- the integration of the Monvee system into the existing small group structure is highly effective. We have released our first ever 6-week small study that fully integrates Monvee into the small group experience. Consider this resource as a way to start new small groups. If you would like to utilize this resource please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Monvee and New Believers- As people come into a new relationship with Christ it is vital to get them started on the right path. What better way than get them engaged in Monvee. Better yet, pair them with an established believer and have them share the Monvee experience together.
3. Monvee and New Church Members- Does your church have a new members class? What better way to get people engaged in your church and in the most unique spiritual formation tool at the same time? As a welcome to your church give them a Monvee Pak. Make sure you are entering resources into "My Church" that are geared towards new members and new believers.
4. Monvee and Retreats- Got an upcoming retreat? Incorporate Monvee into the experience. Whether it is a Men's Retreat and Women's Gathering or a High School Winter Retreat, Monvee can be used as a good follow-up to that time. Make the Monvee Pak a part of the retreat materials.
5. Monvee and Recovery Groups- Does your church have recovery groups? The Monvee system recognizes many of these groups and can make additional recommendations for them. Consider using Monvee as another way to help in recovery. Have the members of the group print and share their Discovery Summaries with the group one week and then have them share their Roadmaps the next week.
For more thoughts and information about these and other practices, contact your Crew M Partner or email us at email@example.com
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Doing a staff presentation? Want to share with your board or Elders about the Monvee profile of your church? Need your Monvee Church Leader Reports in a Power Point Format? Or a PDF? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the Monvee Special Report compliments of your Crew M Partner.
Friday, February 3, 2012
These are the Top 5 Monvee recommended books from My Mind:
5. Being the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
4. Life is Just Better With Jesus by Anne Graham Lotz
3. Moment With You: 365 Day Devotional by Barbara and Dennis Rainey
2. When You've Been Wronged by Erwin Lutzer
1. Changes That Heal by Henry Cloud
Thursday, February 2, 2012
We have created 5 short tutorial videos that will walk your new Monvee users through a step by step process on how to set up their Monvee account. These videos can be posted on your website and made easily available to all your new Monvee users. The videos are complete with live screen shots and step by step audio direction. Send us an email at crew.monvee@monvee and we will send you the link to download them. Thanks for using Monvee.